Wednesday 17 April 2013

My Home, My Haven ~ SamPR


It truly humbles me when you invite me to your homes!! When you are not a photographer, not sure if you are a designer ... and yet you gather the courage to show off your home.... I'm always impressed and I am in awe of your home and your personal style... and how you influence every single wall with your own persona ...

Every wall has character ... every little piece unique... 

So join me, with your cup of coffee, tea or latte ... as I take you to SamPR's home... 


Please introduce yourself :

I am based in Seattle, WA and discovering my keen interest in interior decor. I love to decorate my home just because I feel happy doing it. Its a kind of relaxing for me to do little arrangements whenever I find time. Though not picture-perfect , I try to bring brightness and coziness in my home. My interests are pencil sketching and playing on my Veena.


And now tell us a little about your home... 

The living room is painted in burnt sienna colour, we chose the color because it brings vibrancy and energizes . I invest time ,creativity in little things to personalise my home and give it a cosy look. 





The dining room has dark wood dine set we chose green to bring greenery inside our home.






The musical instrument Veena is given to me by my mom and its in the pooja room. I really love playing my veena , it also has a calming effect.


The pooja room has a quaint mandir which I purchased from a local dealer in Mangalore. I adore  "Ladoo gopal" ,so you will find lots of ladoo gopal in my mandir.



It keeps raining here so rainy days are perfect for inspiration for anything creative .

Here is one quote which I love :
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein




What do you think of her colourful and vibrant home.... Don't forget to leave a comment *smiles*

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful... Love the choice of colours... Looking at these pictures is so very inspiring and energizing. Living in it would be sheer pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bright and colorful home......very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely home..one can feel the postive vibes just looking at the pics :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is the most vibrant home I've seen...feeling so delightful watching theses pictures. Seriously, living in Seattle and decorating home in truly Indian style take a lot...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the use of orange is really bold. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours ,bliss personified...love the zen area with the polished buddha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. good, artistic photography ,esp the musical instrument ...even I am a violin enthusiast ,so can understand her ...
    Ritu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors..and very pretty mandir:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks Colours Dekor for portraying my home !
      Sam PR ~

      Delete
  9. Thank you all so much for your kind words.....!!!
    ~Sam PR

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!