Hello my lovelies!! Have you been waiting for Monday? .... as much as I have *smiles*... Well... the most exciting topic for me.... is 'walls'.. So I've been waiting for Monday to show you some walls in my old home and my new home... and to tell you how I think, a coloured wall is such an important part of our homes..
Paint is the most amazing tool at the disposal of any amateur decorator, as there is nothing else on Home Decor Heaven that can create as much sensation as a fresh coat of paint. Go with your heart and the mood that you choose for your room - it could be bold (reds or blacks) soft and serene (pastel shades) or warm and powerful (oranges and yellows) - colour is meant to be enjoyed. And don't worry even if you have time enough to only paint one wall at a time… even a two toned wall can be a blessing and a great conversation piece!
A pop of colour on a single accent wall can freshen up the area and even make it look bigger and brighter. Think about the colours that elicit emotions – light blue is soothing, so good for a baby room, while red and orange are energizing and perfect for fitness rooms, yellow is bright and cheerful, perhaps a good fit for the foyer.. Pick colours that compliment existing décor and you’ll have an instant winner.
|incomplete wall in my dining area|
Painting the complete room, a single wall or even stencilling a wall yourself is the most economical way to give a room a new, refreshed look. And if you think you aren't the painting type (though from experience, doing it with friends and loved ones is always tons of fun), then do explore the wallpaper option. This is easy, hassle free and also adds a lot of character to a wall. Wallpapering also offers a wide variety of colours, styles and themes to chose from.
My incomplete living room wall... and this teal bedroom wall will have a makeover in August... Watch this space for more.. *smiles*.. And email if you have any ideas to share!!
- Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
- Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
- Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
- Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
- Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
- Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!
Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!