Monday 27 February 2012

The Weekly Story ~ wk 69


And from my mini holiday to Kerala.... I got this little thing home.... Do you know what this is?


Go on... be honest!! Did you know?? This, I believe, is the traditional kum kum (or bindhi holder)... I thought it was super pretty... and then when I saw the peacock... it simply had to come back with me....


Here is an ariel view for you.... What do you think?


And.. from last weeks linky, two posts that caught my attention....

DIY cup cake stand... @ Mindful Meanderings



And.. one think I simply cannot do... crochet flowers @ Anne Marie's Crochet Blog

So ... what are you waiting for?? Come on and join the party!!

'The Weekly Story' linky party ~ open from Monday through Wednesday every week..  ...
  1. Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
  2. Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
  3. Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
  4. Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
  5. Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
  6. Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Any questions, email me on torresp27@hotmail.com.


Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!

Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!




Colours Dekor 

24 comments:

  1. Kerala ? That should have been one relaxing holiday... We love it so much that we plan a vacation at least once a year to some place in Kerala... The kumkum holder... Does it open and close ? Looks really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kumkum holder is a treasure, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kumkum holder is so beautiful!! u were really lucky to find a gem like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kumkum holder is gorgeous, I love finding things like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so u went to kerala how was the heat and did you go on the houseboat-- do share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got a creative eye sight..such a wonderful piece u got :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks so much for hosting another party and for featuring my pencil flowers.
    Best wishes, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find, Patty! The kumkum holder is so lovely!

    Thank you so much for your supportive message about my blogging-break, I hope to be back at it soon! Thank you for joining me on facebook and Pinterest. It's so nice having sweet blog-friends like you!

    Happy new week!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia... how have you been? I am joining in the party after a pretty long time... but glad to be back.

    The kumkum container is absolutely beautiful.. esp with the way it opens up!!

    Love
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the kumkum holder here with the peacock and bought it right away. Thank goodness because the store went out of business soon. I love it. I like your idea of filling it with different colors. Makes it pop!
    My3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so lovelyyyy amazingggg :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a keeper. Where did you get it from Patty? Need to look for it the next I go home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that kum kum holder is such a treasure!!!!


    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. just wanted to tell you guys , you can pretty much find that kumkum holder in any city , in your nearest neighbourhood kashmir handicraft shop or something similar, you can get it new polished or for a rs.10 more an antique finish also

    ReplyDelete
  15. What are those colorful powder-like stuff on the kum kum?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superb find, Patty...It's a WOW! It would make a priceless collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,

    as the inlikz require a username I just thought to post my Crafty article here: http://eshgheman.livejournal.com/146304.html

    I hope you enjoy it!

    I do follow your site and inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!