Thursday 26 January 2012

My Home, My Haven ~ home tour Vandana

"A house is made
of walls & beams,
A home is made, 
of love & dreams"
~ unknown


The above words are so apt for Vandana's beautiful home, filled with lots of love, amazing colours, stunning beauty, with truck loads of passion, added in a few dreams, and a little clutter ... I'm sure you agree with me!!


Now a little about the 'architect and designer' of this home ~ Vandana *smiles*


I am Vandana, a primary school teacher by profession. I have always enjoyed doing up my 'home' and making it a place my family would love to come back to after the day's work. I love colours and exuberance around me. I've never shied away from making use of bold striking colours in my living space.




Recently, we moved house and city. After living in Mysore and Bangalore for over 15 years, relocating to Delhi was not easy. I miss my city, my own place that I decorated with so much love. The rented place we live in now, has not been able to take the place of my colourful home in Bangalore. So here I am trying to make the most of my available resources to turn this pad into a cozy home.....





I am sharing some photographs of my living room and one of the balconies. I have always loved greenery and have tried to have a small balcony garden. This is just the beginning....in days to come I plan to have a proper garden.....




My decor style is very simple, ethnic and youthful. I believe in low budget decor. The cane furniture blend all these elements so well! The bright colours in my home really make me happy and cheerful...rust, orange, blue, green. yellow...... these are some of my favourite colours.... There's no colour coordination anywhere in my place.... It's a mix of all these colours....




I'm totally in love with all the colours in this home, the bold blend of colours has my heart. The fusion of types of furniture, colours of furniture, use of canes and the pretty colourful mat ... makes me want to visit Vandana's home... and makes me wonder what her home in Bangalore or Mysore looked like... if this one is sooooooooooooooo beautiful....

This home definitely has a lot of character and reflects the vibrant personality that lives in there...



So... go on and post a comment and let me & Vandana know what you think... *smiles*... A little word of encouragement goes a long way...

And if you'd like to show case your gorgeous home... email me on torresp27@hotmail.com

25 comments:

  1. such a simple and elegant decor..cant help noticing all the custom art work...amazing greens around..whatz not to love about this adorable home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very very vibrant - love how you've decorated your home Vandana!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the idea of making use of bright colors mat as a carpet below center piece :)...it just gave a traditional ethnic look to house...I too believe on making home with bright, in-budget decor..it just gives a natural, friendly aura to home..:) lovely home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully decorated home vandana.love the feel of homeyness and warmth which wonderfully achieved by the mix of attractive colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely balcony and a very cosy home! :-) So inviting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I liked the most is the absence of color coordination and presence of loads of color :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Urmi,Aparna,Sarmistha,Harshita and Purvi for your wonderful comments!Patricia's done a great job,too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vandana, I am so in love with your gorgeous, colorful home. I am into color too and everything in your home resonates with me:) I love rattan too...that was such a delightful way to start my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a ton Amithigirl!All of your comments are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vandana,
    Love all the art work. Not trying to be a pain here but my 2 cents -Why don't you hang all the art work on to the sofa wall and make it into a gallery wall? Will have a huge impact! Those small chairs with the red pillows have so much going for them, but get lost tucked away in that corner. May be you can move one of the cane chairs to that corner and bring those 2 to where the cane chairs are now. Break it up with the cane ottaman in between, so you can use it as a side table too.The other cane chair can go where the cane ottaman is now. Or you could move both the cane chairs over to where the red bean bags are and move the bean bags to where the cane ottaman is now. Also center the sideboard on that wall, right now it is pushed to a corner. You could add a large mirror on the sideboard wall. I think all this will take the room to the next level. Ok, that is long comment! Not sure if I made any sense or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the pieces are versatile along with the colors and so can be moved around depending on preferences. I love the floor pillows. It looks very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vandana such a lovely place it's treat watching the pictures and sply the beautiful green patio was very fresh n inspiring n the pencil sketch of horse,colours were splashy n welcoming the drapes are lovely :) patty thanks for sharing such a beautiful lovely home..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot Vidya,Lisa and Kala! @Vidya-All your suggestions are great!I'll surely try them out!We've moved into this place a few months ago much against our wishes hence haven't really completed doing it up.May be now I'll take this project up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vandana, the place you call home is another name for sanctity--it lends an ambience of warmth, life & a sense of 'living' --not like those homes where you dread to enter lest you unsettle some antique piece & bring out the worst in the host !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the paintings all over the place..really nice stuff Vandana. I am an artist too..I really get attracted to paintings more than anything.

    Visit me for some Indian art and Interior.

    http://chandradey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you Sudeshna...
    @Dora-Thank you so much!All the art that you see in my place is done by my son....while doing up our place we thought of making use of the paintings of this'in-house'artist!I shall surely visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wat a lovely decor..so many colors...and they harmonise so well.....

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much!@shooting star....It feels so good to be appreciated by such such creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey Vandana good use of colors...I also love cane for furniture,have it at my place too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful colors, Vandana. I always loved the combo of blue and green (the cushions on the cane chairs and the green mat on the floor), but never thought of using them in my decor. But now, I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. this so reminds me of my earlier home - when i was in my red, orange, yellow phase. i love it. i also love the way she has done a mix and match of the furniture and the use of floor seating. it's looking very cosy, inviting and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much Srija!@magicalhomes-thank you and you are most welcome to come over to my place!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!