Monday 3 October 2011

The Weekly Story ~ 51


Who ran to help me when I fell, 
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
~ Ann Taylor



Thursday was mom's birthday... so we had a mini celebration!! Its only at moments like this, I sit back and think how lucky I am to have her with me... my best friend forever... *smiles*



We also had our first Navratri celebration ~ Navratri literally means 9 nights, and these are 9 nights of fasting and celebration of Goddess Durga. Read more on Navratri ..

We danced the night away... and it was lovely to spend time with close friends and family... *smiles*... The small blessings of life... *smiles*



Hope you've got lots of things lined up this week... So join in!! the  'The Weekly Story' linky party ~ open from Monday through Wednesday every week.. ... ... ...
  1. Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
  2. Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
  3. Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
  4. Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
  5. Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
  6. Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Any questions, email me on torresp27@hotmail.com.


Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!

Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!







Colours Dekor


~ Patricia

24 comments:

  1. Poem is so good,...:) wish ya hppy week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's are the best...Happy Navaratri..Last image is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family a very happy dusshera :)gorgeous images of your home , Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the twinkling lights...happy birthday to you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you, Patty's mom! Am finally linking up to your Weekly Story...after ages!!!! Happy Navratri Pats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you..Moms r the best friends one can have! Wishing your mom a happy b'day! And will surely join the party soon enuff...:)happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes Patty you r surely lucky to have your mom around u with u. :-) Touchwood!
    Happy birthday to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're all lucky to have your mum. *big warm smile*
    Gorgeous house to party in - can't wait for the Diwali post!
    ; D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here for the first time. Love this space. I'm a follower now.

    Happy Navratri!

    And I'd love to join the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy navrathri...awesome pics...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Patricia - Ive been reading your blog for a really long time now and I love this concept of The Weekly Story! I have a food blog - not a decor blog..can I share something I post there for this? It is usually (well, always) a recipe (obviously) and theres always a little story about me in the post and the photographs are yours trulys? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And Happy Birthday to you mom! Happy Navrathri to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely poem...Mom's are the best-est...I once read this somewhere, someone else can take on the all roles in ur life...but never your mother's...that's very very true :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow... convey my wishes to your Mom :) Wish you and your family a very happy festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy birthday to your mum and wishing you tons of fun filled moments this festive season

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is lovely. A happy belated birthday to your mother. Wish you happy Navratri and Dussehra. My mother's birthday (according to the Indian calendar) is on Dussehra. How blessed are we!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so much fun! Linked in my entry and enjoyed the other links as well!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Following you! Follower no.450! yippeee..*(i have a thing for rounded up numbers..:P hence the excitement!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats a great idea patricia :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pictures and lovely pictures. Thank you Patricia for your sweet comments in my blog, you really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Birthday wishes to your Mom:) And that's a sweet poem...

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your blog and specially love your photography skills... the last pic is so fab... lovely colors!!! and it's a great weekly party going on here... i just joined in the fun too:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Patty, you won't believe I have the same flowers on my coffee table right now! :) I'll try to put together a post for the festivities for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Flowers, colors and the beautiful thing I really like it, they are really perfect for a modern home

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!