Thursday 20 October 2011

Halloween ~ Paper Lanters

I know... I know!! Halloween is only on the 31st of October... But in the midst of all my Diwali planning and preperations... The girlies & I decided to do some Halloween craft... These are simple things, that we can make and keep.... ready for Halloween celebrations... *smiles*



Now isn't this spooky?? 3D lanterns *smiles*...



Its simple to make as well... We drew ghosts, witches and pumpkins on white or orange paper.. Cut them out!! We used old jars for the candle holders... wrapped them around with the paper... and then stuck the cut out of the witch, ghost or pumpkin on top of it... And viola... is our 3D lantern...



My girlies think... these are very pretty!! What do you think??



Do you remember the tutorial for the above paper lanterns?? We made these for Yva's Alice in Wonderland birthday party... If you haven't seen the party pics... here is Part1 and Part2.. We had a lovely time... *smiles*..

So the girlies made these lanterns... in orange paper and drew pumpkin faces on them... What do you think??




So tell me what you think of our 3D lanterns and the simply paper lanterns??


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. 3D lanterns!! :) what an awesome idea .. and so simple too.
    I want to try making cards like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Awesome! We have to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty...lanterns look beautiful..great craft..I love orange...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great craft Patty! Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! :) ur Girlies are as talented as u, Patty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are beautifully made...ur girlies are talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved it. Thanks for the 'How to do' steps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love these. You make it look effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them Patty, fun and so easy to make:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!Those are so cute!You sure are having a blast aren't you making them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea! I have got to try out these 3 d lanterns...I just HAVE to...! thanks for sharing the idea...you and your girls rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looking awesome....

    Not much happens here in dubai at haloween... It can be real fun for kids...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved loved loved these lanterns...wonderful idea and simple too. Me and my daughter sat and made 8 of these today for Diwali. Enjoyed the experience. Thanks for the lovely idea Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb craft!! n what a gr8 idea!!!
    I'm already thinking of making some paper lanterns for Diwali wd may b Ganpati cutout ...Thnx dear Patty, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful! Thanks for the idea Patty--this is certainly something my son and I can make together!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!