Wednesday 19 October 2011

from Diwali to Halloween


Hello my lovelies... So hows the preparations going?? This year... Diwali which is on 26th October, is far too close to Halloween.... so the girlies and I have decided on our Halloween decor!! We spent some time looking through out box of utter rubbish... Then made a mental note of what goes where, and what extras we need to do this week.... *smiles* The joys of decorating....




So since Diwali comes first... and it is the festival of lights.. Here is how my foyer will look...



With orange and white being the main colours this year... (only coz I don't have too much time to prepare for anything else)...




Don't you just love candles?? Don't you??



Diyas and more....


























And finally floating candles.. .... 




Now... This is what we will be doing for Halloween... if our candles survive through Diwali... *smiles*





a few bats on the candles...


And a few spiders on the table... These spiders were from the kiddie animal packs from when Sims was 2 ... *smiles*... Thats a long time ago now... *smiles*



Oh and to top it all... no more floating candles... there now.. have black stones in their base...



And in total... this is how it looks...




So did you like this?? What do you think??

Are you joining my linky party?? open till 5th Nov...






23 comments:

  1. Wow! it looks fabulous. I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Love the wine glass idea. I'll start decorating for Diwali on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty! i love it..every bit. Wow..i am yet to begin..i am hopin this weekend. Those candles..tons of them just took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how u've the same setup for diwali and Halloween :)
    The candles look lovely patty. I have so many diwali DIY ideas I want to show off.. Damn! So less time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...it looks amazing...really stunning. I have yet to start and think where to put candles and diyas so my son would not reach them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hv a questions... basic n absurd possibly.. those glasses u hv used fir flaoting candles are the regular glasses? Can I for instance use my regualr wone glass to set up something like tht?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Meena.. You can use regular wine glasses too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and very romantic atmosphere dear paty!
    I like to candles in my home.

    Have a happy day, kisses from Croatia:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooppperrr-Duppper Mega hit! :) looks fantastic Patty! i lov the black stones base for the candles...also love the way the candles look ..as if they were a calm river! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are simply awesome Patty! Each frame is super..

    ReplyDelete
  11. love candles floating in the wine glasses, super awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the twinkling lights. A lovely setup, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the candles.
    The floating candles.
    Looks so pretty
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patty, you are one versatile and creative lady:):) Love how the decor smoothly transitions from Diwali to Halloween, great job:):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great transition from the boo to the wow diyas!

    Lovely clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Lovely Patty. WOW!!! it looks so beautiful. Happy Diwali and Enjoy a wonderful Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!This is fantastic!! Love ...love your gorgeous Diwali decor! Thanks for your sweet invitation. Here I'm adding a couple of Diwali posts to your fabulous party.

    Happy Diwali and a spooky Halloween too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome photographs Patty... The decor looks fabulous... and stunning.... I love the candles... and the change of the same decor for halloween and diwali .... Love the array of white candles and diyas....Lovely !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I am also in the process of getting all the candles together so we line them up.
    My3

    ReplyDelete
  20. What awesome shots, Patty! Candles always make any corner look gorgeous and magical:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously inspiring photography, and I love love love the theme of Diwali to Halloween, which you captured through candlelight!

    Ironically I just wrote an article on the similarity of the two festivals, given their proximity in 2011. Talks of similarities like yours, plus more (on the food/fashion side too!)
    http://sssourabh.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/mythical-predatory-and-saccharine/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!