Thursday 27 October 2011

Diwali goodies

I'm always inspired by Komali Nunna and her book ~ Entertaining from an Ethnic Indian Kitchen ~ is my constant inspiration .. and each image in the book is my dream... *sigh* You've got to see it... to believe it!! *smiles*



Anyway... so here is what my cousin & I ... did for Diwali.. She made all the stuff.. I assembled it.. *smiles*.. Yes!! What are cousins for!!



We got these pretty glasses for kachori chaat... Don't you think I have awesome cousins??



And the below is samosa rabri that she put together...



I'm impressed with her!! I truly am!! She was ... and always will be... my little cousin... Obviously growing up too fast... *sobs*




So here.. is how it looks.. all together... a very desperate attempt to be Komali Nunna!! *smiles*


Happy Diwali... to you and your loved ones.. Hope you had a fabulous, sparkling day!! *hugs*

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics... I've been following your blog for last couple days... everything is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mention, Patty. You both have done excellent job. I am proud of both of you. Keep up the good work.
    Komali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those really look yummy! Bravo to the one who made them all and three cheers to you for doing such a great display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Patty. Though I'm very bad cook but still I want to be Komali Nunna. Whenever I see images on her blog I can't take my eyes off them. U've done a gr8 job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Diwali! Everything looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks yummy and pretty, Patty... You have a lovely Diwali!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Komali is very very good...and yes, your cousins are awesomest :),,,they are your cousins after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics.... Happy Diwali!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so nice, my God, mouth watering.You are so mean, you ate everything without calling us over.
    Lovely, lovely, simply delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhhhhhh thats totally drool worthy! :) lovely party Partricia ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummylicious!!!! I love the backdrop of the display. Very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how i wish i was there to party this deepavali with you. I heart food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pattyyyyyyy!!! that was awesome. Those diya's and that spread - YUMM!. After a very successful party on Saturday I just put up my legs and was relaxing :-). Nothing much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy , yummy:)I want some of those chats.served in ice-cream glasses is a cool way to present.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!