Wednesday 25 May 2011

Haveli

Hello all you wonderful people... Today let me take you to a tour of "Haveli" During my last visit to India this past year, we spent a few days in Chadigarh for a wedding and then drove nack to Delhi. On the way we stopped at the "Haveli" restaurant and resting area.
Good food, good prices, good break... and clean bathrooms.
The well above is actually fake and it's more like a giant BBQ fire pit . The fake starts hanging everywhere gave the atmosphere a very relaxing feel.
The decor was an exhibition of Punjab. From the well and statues to the traditional musical instruments... it was a delight. If you are ever travelling on that route, do not miss it. You will definately love it.
Until next time,
Shilpa

6 comments:

  1. This was an awesome place. We were there a couple of years ago and we loved the place. My boys had to DRAG my out of that place :). I was busy clicking pictures of everything there!
    My3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shilpa...it looks like a village built within teh restaurant. Bet you enjoyed the kana too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey even I visited Haveli with my family in my last trip to Delhi in December.. U have rekindled those memories. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see these pictures... I am quite surprised to see them.We actually have a haveli here in Sydney and it is so similar to this one. Even the furniture looks similar.
    I didnt know there was a haveli in India !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all...

    VJ, I think Haveli is a chain because there are a few of these in North India to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! They have an actual truck inside?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!