What does de-clutter mean to you?? De-clutter = De-stress!! to me! I’m passionate about de-cluttering…. I really am!! Are you having a laugh?? Infact… if my home is clean and clear… I can tackle the stress and pressure at work with so much ease!! I don’t know why! Basically means that I am at utmost peace when my home is clean, clear and simple!
De-clutter is the art of removing anything that you don’t really need. Be merciless… If you haven’t used it for 6 months, you sure don’t need it. That’s my simple policy towards have a clean home. I don’t have ‘maybes’… I either need it or not… Today I spent the evening clearing my girls room… which means.. I have two boxes ready to go to charity… with toys (some new – unopened… some old), clothes, bags & books.
I am the queen of de-cluttering… I do it nearly once a month I think!! *smiles* I can write a book on de-cluttering…
So… here are a few simple tips on de-cluttering…
- Start TODAY.. No!! Start NOW!! Once you start… you wont be able to stop.. so start NOW…
- If there its lots of clutter, even 15 mins a day will be a great start.
- Make a schedule – will you do one room in one day?? will you be able to do one closet in one day?? What ever is convenient.. make a schedule.. stick to it!!
- Have a deadline for sure!! So you have to de-clutter before your guests arrive… or de-clutter before Christmas?
- Don’t expect a clutter free home overnight… It’s a long process. Be ready to invest in your home.. and in your life in return!
- Be realistic – You haven’t used it for 6 months now!! You sure don’t need it… It will not come in handy one day!!
- Don’t move clutter from one room to another.
- Have a charity box or bag ready.
- Try investing in new storage items – boxes, wicker baskets, bookcase, filing cabinets, shoe racks, photo albums, etc. There are lots of pretty options out there..
- De-clutter again… maybe after a month, after two months… but repeat the process.
Have you seen my purple rug?? Linking in to these blog parties.... Did you notice my little box… In one of my de-clutter moods…. I decided to store my ‘remote controls’ in there… We’ve got three in the living room – projector, amplifier and DVD player.. I kept them there.. and hubby darling couldn’t find the remotes for three days.. But he wouldn’t ask me… Only coz he knows I cant be bothered to use them… Finally three days later.. the girls showed him where they were!! Do you like my ‘remote control’ box!!
De-cluttering is a way of life… Not a one off chore!! Change your habits to – ‘one in, one out’.. and if you need any more help on de-cluttering simply write to me on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein